Consider this blog a study in the every day absurd, and consider this it's first entry:
A grandmother, mother and grandson sit down at the table next to me in a local Mexican food restaurant.
The grandmother's cell phone rings and she answers it. She is talking so loud that everyone in the restaurant can hear her. Suddenly, she says (loudly), "No, I'm at the doctor's office." All of us look at each other. Is she joking, senile or a liar? She finishes the phone conversation and hangs up, then turns to her grandson and starts lecturing him on how his telling the truth the day before damaged some of her plans and how he needed to learn to keep his mouth shut. The waitress, apparently unable to restrain herself, came over and told the grandmother the doctor would see her now. The grandmother grew embarrassed and said her husband was very controlling and wanted to know where she was all the time.
If I was her husband I would want to know, too, given her history of lying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment